Alma Automotive designs and provides customer tailored solutions for engine testing, including turnkey
engine test cells equipped with hydraulic, eddy current brake and dynamic (asynchronous or permanent
magnet motors) benches.
The test cell automation and acquisition software is based on National Instruments VeriStand, offering to
the final user the possibility of implementing real-time code using compiled Simulink/LabVIEW models. The
use of an open software platform for the Test Cell management facilitates the interactions with ECU and
Combustion Analysis systems.
Engineering services include the development of automatic calibration procedures, with the possibility
of interacting with Electronic Control Units using several calibration management applications (INCA,
CANape, Sysma, Vision…). The interaction between the Test Automation System, the Combustion analyzer and
the calibration management system can be carried out using CAN, XCP, iLinkRT, creating automatic calibration
procedures. ECU strategies can be bypassed (e.g.,using ilinkRT, or CAN), with algorithms running on
Open engine control unit SPARK is available to run the engine with custom control software.
Engineering services can be provided to manage the post processing of sampled data using Matlab,
LabVIEW, Diadem, Wintax, INCA MDA, Concerto, or other standard automotive tools.
- One cell available with an AC asynchronous machine, (max Power 221kW, max Torque 455Nm from 0 to 4636 rpm, max speed: 10000 rpm).
- One cell with a 200kW Permanent Magnet machine and 600V common DC bus, speed up to 10500RPM.
- Up to other 3 test cells can be quickly setup, picking one of the engine dynos out of the Borghi&Saveri catalogue: from 3.7kW 20Nm to 1250kW 10500Nm
Engine dynos test cells, signals acquisition, test automation and emissions measurement can be tailored to customer requirements.
• Engine test cells design and turnkey customer tailored solutions delivered to the customers
• Engine testing services (with test bench operators and/or engineers):
• Performance evaluation
• Engine and engine components development, durability tests
• Driving cycles and track laps simulation
• Engineering and technical support availability
• Engine calibration
• Combustion systems development
• Rapid Control Prototyping
• Uncompromising confidentiality
• Cost effectiveness
• Unbeatable responsiveness
• Great experience with local manufacturers on gasoline and diesel engines testing and calibration
ENGINE TEST SITE C/O
Borghi & Saveri
Via Provinciale per Bologna, 28/30
40066 Pieve di Cento (BO) Italy
Tel +39 051 975364/5
Download: ENGINE TESTING Brochure
For further information, please contact us