Alma Automotive designs and provides customer tailored solutions for engine testing, including turnkey
engine test cells equipped with hydraulic, eddy current brake and dynamic (asynchronous or permanent
magnet motors) benches.
The test cell automation and acquisition software is based on National Instruments VeriStand, offering to
the final user the possibility of implementing real-tim code using compiled Simulink/LabVIEW models. The
use of an open software platform for the Test Cell management facilitates the interactions with ECU and
Combustion Analysis systems.
Engineering services include the development of automatic calibration procedures, with the possibility
of interacting with Electronic Control Units using several calibration management applications (INCA,
CANape, Sysma, Vision…). The interaction between the Test Automation System, the Combustion analyser and
the calibration management system can be carried out using CAN, XCP, iLinkRT, creating automatic calibration
procedures. ECU strategies can be bypassed (e.g.,using ilinkRT, or CAN), with algorithms running on
Prototype ECUs are available to run the engine with custom control software.
Engineering services can be provided to manage the post processing of sampled data using Matlab,
LabVIEW, Diadem, Wintax, INCA MDA, Concerto, or other standard automotive tools.
• Engine test cells design and turnkey customertailored solutions delivered to the customers
• Engine testing services (with test bench operators and/or engineers):
• Performance evaluation
• Engine and engine components development, durability tests
• Driving cycles and track laps simulation
• Engineering and technical support availability
• Engine calibration
• Combustion systems development
• Rapid Control Prototyping
• Engine test cell rental without operators/engineers on already existent or custom designed test cells.
• Uncompromising confidentiality
• Cost effectiveness
• Unbeatable responsiveness
• Great experience with local manufacturers on gasoline and diesel engines testing and calibration
For further information, please contact us